ABOUT | FAITH | LIFE | FOOD | TRAVELS | KOREA | CHECK IT

Monday, July 1, 2013

Our First Anniversary Trip to Juwangsan

A bit more than five years ago, when I was looking up information about Korea, in consideration of moving here, I came across this picture of an "Enchanted Lake" and thought it was beautiful!  Ever since then I've wanted to visit.

Little did I know how much my life would change in those five years.  

For sure I can say the last thing I expected to happen when I moved to the other side of the world as a young single lady was that I would get married, but of course, "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

I feel like I can't even write about the past year because I'm not eloquent or sentimental and all I can say was it was the best. 

I feel like a reset button was pushed and my life began again.  The world seems much more open and less scary and everything seems more beautiful with my man by my side.  

He has treated me with kindness, served me faithfully, made me feel special, unique, and beautiful, taken care of me, called and related to me as his best friend, and shown me Christ's love on a daily basis.

I just love being with him and soaking up our time together.  

I pray that God gives us many more healthy years together as one.  I pray that we can grow stronger as a couple that seeks after the Lord's heart, not just our own desires and wishes.  

We love traveling but decided to stay in Korea for the summer.  What a perfect time to visit the Enchanted Lake!  After doing some research we found it was located in Juwangsan National Park, about a four and a half hour drive from here.  We rented the school's van and took off June 20.  We spent a few days hiking, relaxing in our hotel room, playing Monopoly Deal, Settlers of Catan, and Ticket to Ride.  (<---Our favorite new game!) and waking up early to get the photos I wanted.  (Thank you Babe!!)

Korea is chock full of beautiful mountains and national parks. Juwangsan National Park is pretty small compared to others, and definitely off the beaten track.  We loved our time there.  It was beautiful and it was great to get out of the city.  We stayed in a sleepy little farm town called Cheongsong which is known for growing apples.  It was very different from the busyness of Seoul, but of course very Korean, thus "homey" for us.  

It definitely made us want to travel more in Korea and we're hoping to take more weekend trips next school year!  Until then, here are just a few of the pics we took from our time to Juwangsan and Jusanji Pond (The actual name of the "Enchanted Lake :) )





2 comments:

  1. OH! This is beautiful! Youll have to give us some details so we can go!

    ReplyDelete